Abdication of the Tsar, Feb./March Revolution 1917
- Feb/March - Russia was on the old calendar
- During WWI
- Russia, not doing so well
- Began riots and strikes in Petrograd (St. Petersburg) because of no food
- Tsar (abdication - get rid of royal family)
- Replace with Provisional Government
Question: What would have happened if the Tsar stayed in power?
During WWI, Russia was at a struggle. There was no food for the country and the people were barely making ends meet. . Because of this, riots and strikes began in Petrograd. As a result, the "royal family" (the Tsar), were abdicated and were replaced with a provisional government.