CAuses of the Depression
CONSEQUENCES of the Depression
Franklin D. Roosevelt and the 100 days
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" - F.D.R
- Won the 1932 election
- Made a lot of progress during the first 100 days
- Introduced many policies during the first 100 days of office --> banking
- Intoduces the New Deal
- Longest serving American President 1933-1945 (4 terms)
- 13 million unemployed when elected
- Infantile paralysis - in a wheelchair - sign of weakness?
- Dies of a brain hemorrhage in 1945 before WWII finishes
- one of the most beloved presidents
When FDR became president in 1932, he had a lot of work cut out for him. He came into the middle of the depression and planned to finally try to get the US back on its feet. Within his first 100 days in office, he introduced many new policies to alter the depression. He later introduced the New Deal which was a major contribution of removing them from the depression.