Lyndon B. Johnson
- A wealthy Texan rancher
- Was Kennedy's Vice President and became President after his assassination
- Was reelected for second term
- Entire time in office embroiled in the Vietnam war (was discredited and didn't even run against Nixon)
- Championed the Civil Rights Bill
- Formed the Peace Corps called VISTA which was part of his "war on poverty" and also part of his "Great Society"
- Wanted to create more equality for blacks
Johnson's entire time in office was during the Vietnam war. He supported and engaged the civil rights bill (continued JFK's ideas) and formed the Peace Corps called VISTA, which was part of "war on poverty" and the "Great Society."