Washington NAval Conference 1921
- "The way to disarm, is to disarm"
- 9 Power Treaty to guarantee Open Door and independence of China
- 4 Power Treaty to respect Pacific possessions
- Treaties and agreements lack enforcement
- Treating limiting the amount of capital ships
- USA, UK, France, Italy, Japan
- Ratios of amount of ships 5:3:1.67
The Washington Naval Conference took place in 1921 and featured nations like the UK, US, France, Japan, and Italy. The result of the conference saw a reduction the navy size of the nations involved and the territories of the oceans they could "have".