Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter
- 38th US President
- Neither elected as President or VP
- Pardoned NIxon and all Vietnam draft dodgers
- Straight forward President "Restored the nations faith in the government"
- Continued Detente
- 39th President from 1976-1980
- Most famous for his dealings with the Arab Israeli conflict
- Hosted the Camp David Accords in 1979
- Was a strong supporter of detente and oversaw the SALT II talks
These two presidents are infamous because they were both in office during a time of peace. After Nixon resigned, Gerald Ford became president. He was known as the straight forward President "Restored the nation's faith in government." Furthermore, when Ford resigned, Jimmy Carter became president and he is known for his action in the SALT II talks.