Special Economic Zones
- 1979 four special economic zones were opened for trade and investment with the west
- Foreign firms were allowed to operate here
- Cheap labour was provided
- New technology and management practices were introduced
- Most firms come from Hong Kong to take advantage of the cheap labour
1979 four special economic zones opened for trade and investment with west for cheaper labour than in US. The zones were 1st world industrialized in contrast to 3rd world (poor) which resulted in lots of money coming into these zones.