After Brezhnev there were two short term leaders in Russia:
- Yuri Andropov 1982-84 (died)
- Constantin Chernenko 1984-1985 (temp replacement)
- Gorbachev took over in 1985
- Began "developed socialism" where he wanted to rid the USSR of corruption
- Gorbachev was forced to change his ways after the 1986 Chernobyl disaster
- Parallel to Lenin and Kronstadt mutiny
Gorbachev was the Russian leader in 1985 and began developed socialism. He changed the ways of the USSR after the Chernobyl Disaster (nuclear power plant exploding), and started to rid the country of corruption, with an ultimate goal of ending communism in the USSR.