The Falling of the Berlin Wall, 1989
- Erich Honecker, East German leader ran one of the most repressive Soviet Satellite governments
- In fall of 1989 thousands of demonstrators demanded greater freedoms
- Honecker wanted to shoot them, was overruled and replaced by Eron Krenz
- Nov 9, 1989 - Berlin Wall was opened and free elections were held
- West German Christian Democratic Party, led by Helmut Kohl won a reunification platform
- 30 Oct. 1990, the two Germany's became one with Kohl as the Chancellor
With tensions reach a boiling point in west Germany the people had decided that enough was enough and the people had acted out of their own accord to knock the wall down. With the people knocking the wall down eventually Germany was reunified and Germany became one once again.